Tuesday, February 9, 2016

NETFLIX PICK: The One I Love





It's a snow day here in Franklin, Tennessee. And if you took a poll about the activities kids do when they don't have to come to school, I assure you that "watch Netflix" would rank near the top.

So that's what I have done so far today. And I've kicked off my lazy day with this brilliant movie directed by Charlie McDowell. 

Much like the trailer, I'm not gonna give this one away for you. What I can tell you is that if you choose to watch this, you're in for a surreal, phantasmagorical ride.

Along with being funny, somewhat creepy, and whimsical, it's one of the most realistic "weird" movies I've seen. Though the premise is oddball and Twilight Zone-esque, the way the characters handle it feels incredibly authentic. The way that the phenomena is "explained" is perfect too - not the overkill it could have been.

I'm sitting here kind of frustrated with myself because it's really hard to talk about how cool this movie is without giving it away. So go watch it. You're gonna enjoy the music, the performances by Mark Duplass and Elizabeth Moss (again, I can't even tell you why they knocked it out of the park), and the attention to detail. 

Sorry this one was so vague. Let me know if you wanna chat spoilers after you watch it.

Stay warm out there.

P.S. - Don't you dare look now - but do a double take of the poster after you watch the movie. Too cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment